Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Time has come (and gone) today

I was talking with my grandfather on the phone last night and one of the few conversations we have is 'what's new'.

Well there's not much new, but as we started talking we discovered that things are pretty busy nonetheless. I have a lot of things on the go, long term, short term, similar time frames and due dates. It's exactly like University, I finish one project only to rush on to something else.

A quick breakdown of what's going on in my world.

1. Mag planning
2. Awards planning

(Sadly these two things have almost identical timelines, which is reallllly frustrating because on their own they're both challenging projects, together they verge on being overwhelming)

3. School
4. Wedding
5. Frisbee

That may not sound like a lot. But look at it in the sense that Numbers 1 and 2 take up the majority of my work day, and a portion of my work night. Number 3 takes up three nights a week, Number 5 takes up two and Number 4 is kind of like the time sprinkles on a no-time sundae. It's something that's always on the go.

Right now I'm trying to deal with things in a very male oriented type of way. One project at a time, completed in its entirety before I move on to something else. Multitasking and me? We talk, but we aren't really friends.

Anyway, pressure release is done, on to the actual work.

No comments: