Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tech Survey

So I had a late(ish) meeting yesterday afternoon that turned into more of a tech survey.

We went to the venue that the awards ceremony will be held at in February. Traditionally I used to avoid these things like the plague. Although I was always invited to come it was less about me enjoying myself and more about me taking a Friday night off to work.

Can you, gentle reader, spot the erroneous assumption in that last statement?

But now it's different, I have to work it, so it was time I saw what the hub-bub was all about.

And overall, I was generally pretty impressed, a high-end venue with a distinct art deco atmosphere. Pretty swank. A lot of the issues discussed at the meeting put me in mind of my old stage managing days. So I got to soak in some nostalgia. Although I'm pretty sure my on-site job for the actual event will be geared more towards photo taking and 'handling' the distinguished guests.

For a shy bugger like myself, that's going to be a bit of a push.

Damn you shiny new job for pushing me to step out of my comfort zone. Don't you know that eat, breathe and sleep in said comfort zone.

Faulk out.

No comments: