Thursday, January 3, 2008

Holiday Roundup

I've got a Christmas quirk.

I will not give people anything from a Christmas list, nor will I give you a list of my own which you can shop from.

Some people find this annoying as hell. Honestly, I don't blame them. They were really set on Season One of 24. And the fact that you can be bothered to pony up and but it for them irks them to no end.

But let's face it. If you that DVD so badly, chances are you'll end up buying it for yourself irregardless of what I do. I want to give you something that you don't even know you want. I want to have to wrack my brain to figure out who you are and give you something that perfectly encapsulates that.

It doesn't always work out. This year I broke down and got my sister something from her list simply because I'd been thinking about it for the past two weeks and I just wasn't getting inspired.

As well, because I'm king nerd I tend to get a lot of gifts based around one of my nerdly pursuits. My only complaint with this is that it I tend to accumulate a lot of nerd stuff that, and after 28 years of life, I'm having problems keeping it at easily maintainable standards.

(If I wasn't able to keep my comic collection at my parents house I don't know what I'd do)

But it's always interesting recieving gifts from other people forced to put a little thought into it and operate outside their comfort zone. It's illuminating to see just what they think you're all about.

No comments: