Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Truffle - shuffle. Or; how I learned to love the organized chaos that is wedding planning.

So,

We may be down a groomsman. Our current g-man is wheeling and dealing a big business arrangement half a world away. He’s already blown a couple dates for coming back to Canada as this deal picks up more and more speed. Unfortunately this groomsman was also responsible for planning my bachelor party since my best man is currently residing in Ottawa. So right now I’m just waiting to connect with him to confirm it officially before I start seeing about moving other players around.

We’re thinking about promoting the Master of Ceremonies, who was already the de facto fifth groomsman. Now this means that we either ask him to do double duty or we can look for another MC. My vote is for the latter. I’m sure it’s not that difficult to take on both jobs, but I’d rather split up the responsibilities to lessen the chance that there will be a significant oversight on the day. The problem we ran into the first time we tried this is that any potential MC, who we’re BOTH close to, is already a part of the wedding party.

Choices, choices.

Is it wrong that my chief concern is that I don’t know who’s going to plan my bach party?

It is, isn’t it?

Worst. Fiancé. Ever.

1 comment:

GunMetalBlue said...

Err.....who's the gauntlet going to fall to with regards to planning the bachelor party?