Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long weekend hi-jinks

Ugh.

Sore allll over today. S and I went up to the cottage over the long weekend with my parents to help in the never-ending reno project. What was supposed to take place over one summer is now stretching into it’s third. I suspect it will take at least another two years to get everything done. Swimming and sun tanning is out and manual labour is in.

This weekend consisted of digging eight 4-foot holes for the new deck, and then filling these holes in again. Nothing makes for a relaxing weekend quite like shattering your shovel on the upper layer of the Canadian Shield. Which I did after about 30 seconds.

I only wish I was joking for comedic effect.

Between the rocks, the clay and the on-again, off-again rain I wouldn’t quite call it a relaxing weekend, although we did get a couple of games of Risk, poker and Soduku in.

But the capper had to be stopping off in Port Perry for lunch on Monday and watching the neighbourhood kids run and around the backyard and shoot fireworks at each other. Ahh yes, nothing tells you that you’re in a small town quite like watching a roman candle bounce off someone else’s noggin head.

No comments: