Friday, May 2, 2008

Working out

Well,

I’ve been fairly successful so far in keeping up with almost-daily posts here on Mr. blog. That’s a fairly big step for me. I’ve never been able to commit the time and energy to this before, even though I wanted to.

Now the problem is just keeping the quality up. I’ve spent the last few weeks checking out some other comic-based blogs, seeing how their comic book reviews match up with mine. Did they have greater insight, more prolific writing, a more amusing style?

Etcetera.

Etcetera.

On the whole I find that I have the content pretty much nailed down, but the quality of my writing leaves a bit to be desired.

I had a friend who bastardized a Tolstoy quote for me once. It went something to the effect of “The brain is a muscle and like all muscles it needs to be exercised constantly in order for it to grow and improve.”

Tolstoy’s gross misunderstanding of human anatomy aside I think the quote rings pretty true.

So this is me, exercising my muscles.

1 comment:

GunMetalBlue said...

Did I just hear the Popeye music?