Monday, May 12, 2008

The Revolution will be catered

So,

I was the big loser in poker this weekend. Down 80 bucks, plus the 60 or so I shelled out on beer and food.

Frig, losing is bad enough, but when you have pay for everyone else it can be a little tough to take. It’s nights like Saturday that keep me from playing poker more than once a month, I simply can’t afford to have a string of losing nights.

Anyway, Sunday I put the finishing touches on the wedding invites while S was in Danger Bay at a wedding shower and they’re going to get dropped into the mail this afternoon.

We’ve officially less than three months away from the big day and even though we’ve got all the heavy lifting taken care of (DJ, cake, venue, minister, photographer, flowers) there are still a myriad of smaller details to be taken care of.

(I developed a nasty facial tic when I looked at my To Do list and started to add up some of the uncompleted tasks.)

Anyway I got a call from the best man on Sunday wondering what the story is so I think it’s time to flesh out one last critical path and make sure all the disparate parts of this wedding are on the same page.

My short list has tux fitting and getting gifts for the wedding party on it, as well as picking up a little something for S that I’m kicking around in the back of my head. I’m also mulling over the idea of a video confessional booth where guests can leave a message to the bride and groom, but I don’t have the foggiest idea where I’m going to get a vid cam, beyond renting one, that has what I’m looking for.

Back to the salt mines.

Faulk off.

No comments: