Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Longshots? Shuffle Monkeys.


So.

The Longshots are dead.

Long live the Longshots!!!

In their place? The Shuffle Monkeys.

That’s right I’m folding the Longshot team name for Ultimate Frisbee. Too many of the people I first started playing with have left the game.

One couple had a baby, half of another couple now commutes between Canada and Oz (not the country, the mythical land) and half of yet another couple has been racked by injuries and can’t afford to take the risk of injuring themselves again. Even S has hung up her cleats for the summer, not wanting to risk an injury herself with the upcoming wedding. Essentially the core is has broken up and only a handful of original Longshot-ers remain.

I thought the time was right to start from scratch. So for the upcoming Speed Point tourney and regular season we’re getting new shirts with new logos.

I’d post our old logo, but it’s buried somewhere on my hard drive.

I’ve got Scottie W. working on a new logo which I hope to have sometime in the next couple weeks. I’ll post photos when I have them.

1 comment:

GunMetalBlue said...

Logo.

Hmmm....

I'm thinking about it. It's planning stages right now.

It'll be brill though, don't you worry!