Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cover Shoot

So,

I oversaw the cover shoot for our next issue of the Mag. Oversaw might be stretching it a bit. The photog was all over everything and there really wasn’t much for me to do except make encouraging sounds in the back of my throat every now and again.

Normally our cover shoots are no more than an hour and consist of our usual photog trying to find interesting things for our cover model to do in his studio space.

But this time we decided to kick it up a notch. We had a makeup artist, a wardrobe stylist (who mistook me for one of the photog’s assistants) and a jewelry designer who all graciously devoted their time and skills to the shoot.

The problem is we couldn’t possibility afford to pay the real costs for a day like yesterday. Almost everything we got for the day was because the photog was owed a favour. But the quality of the pictures we got was so far above our normal fare that I suspect a serious protracted discussion is going to be held about the nature of our cover photography. And rightly so. I suspect we’ll end up somewhere in the middle, between our usual game plan and this bright and shiny new plan.

The photographer was great, our profile was magnificent and the pictures were the best I’ve ever seen for the mag. It was a long day, but totally worth it.

And about 30 seconds after the last frame was snapped I had to run to my wedding tasting. So I missed out on NCD.

Temporarily.

No comments: