Monday, April 7, 2008

The Great Purge

So.

The great comic purge continues.

I gave a friend of S's about 20 or so comic books today. Apparently her kids love comics so much that at recess they write their own.

Damn.

That's a comic book fan.

If they're drawing their own comics I almost feel kinda bad that I unloaded a buncha mid 80's Marvel on them. If anything will crush the creative spirit it's Big Two corporate greed. I'm taking unbridled creativity and hemming it in with form and structure.

But these kids will probably appreciate them a lot more than anyone else. And I'd rather give them away to them, than make a couple bucks for on Ebay. They strike me as the type who'll read em to pieces about a million times, lose the covers, cut'em into pieces and remember
em forever.

So the next time I come back from Port, these kids are going to hit the jackpot.

No comments: