Thursday, July 24, 2008

Surprise party


I got sucker punched by a surprise party yesterday. I always thought the people in my office were a little slow on the uptake whenever the same thing happened to them.

"Hey you're going on maternity leave tomorrow, that's great. Oh, by the way, we're scheduling a last minute meeting on that day. But don't read anything into it."
My office got both of us a sizable gift certificate to William Ashley. I also got a seperate gift of some expensive cigars to smoke with the boys this weekend. The whole thing was a complete shock. I absolutely didn't see it coming and I was a little humbled when it happened.
Anyway, tomorrow marks the begining of Bachelor party weekend. Paintball, poker and golf. The best man is coming in from Ottawa and bunking on our couch tonight. Of course if you're one of the three people who happen to read this blog. Chances are I'll be seeing you there anyway.
If I'm lucky I'll be able to get up this weeks comic reviews. But I promise nothing.


1 comment:

GunMetalBlue said...

Yeah, you are like to see me tomorrow aft.

Nice news about work surprise though. It's nice they thought of you!