Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gold Diggers of 2008

Powering down the home stretch for the wedding.

Although the ‘To Do’ list hardly seems to be shrinking, indeed the opposite appears to be happening, we are making noticeable progress in getting ready for the big day.

A while ago I noticed a key flaw in my budgeting. I budgeted X amount of dollars for the wedding, but neglected to mention that this amount was also supposed to cover any honeymoon expenses.

Unfortunately, only the wedding budget was crafted around figure X and it when it came time to start planning (and paying) for the honeymoon it became apparent that there was a hole in our finances. Well, my finances anyway.

So things got stretched a little bit and the important stuff (transportation, lodgings) were able to be covered. But food, walking around cash and fantastic miscellaneous are regrettably still beyond my means.

That means these items may have to be taken care of by Senor Credit Cardo.

Which I hate. If there is one occasion when you can justify a smallish amount of debt it should be your honeymoon. But I’m so debt-phobic that I’m likely to bend over backwards and spend as little as I can in order to keep any potential debt accumulation to as small amount as possible.

I don’t want to go hog wild on my honeymoon and break the bank. Hell, I don’t want even want to dent it. But I do know that if I’m paying for things on credit I will begrudge each and every penny spent. And the last thing I want to do on my honeymoon is pinch pennies.

1 comment:

GunMetalBlue said...

Err....I could give you guys money instead of a gift...so you'd have a little bit more ching in your pocket. Up to you brother. I'm willing to help. Let me know though.