Monday, January 5, 2009

Hey! Look at me!

No. Seriously. Look at me.

It’s long been a source of bemusement for me that the day I got my new laptop I was going to leave the dating world forever and finally get serious about this writing stuff. All I had to do was get this ONE DATE out of the way and I could finally clear my schedule of any and all distractions.

How was I supposed to know that the woman on that one date would end up being my wife?

That was three and half years ago and while I’ve dabbled at writing since then I’ve only done enough to take the edge off the disease. I’ve never given myself over to the lifestyle change necessary to produce a completed work.

Well, all that is changing.

I’ve bought a new laptop, again.

For the past few months I’ve been winding down my external commitments, putting firm boundaries on how much time extra time I spend at work and brainstorming like made on some of the insanity that’s been bubbling around in my head.

Hence, no new entries here. What could I say? I’m tired of reading and analyzing the works of others as my sole contribution to the artistic world. I want to start participating in an actual dialogue.

So I am.

This is not a New Year's resolution or a spur of the moment whim. I've been working at shaping my schedule around this moment since the wedding. This is about doing.

No comments: