Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weekend hi-jinks

It says something about the state of the economy when you can watch the TSX shed 300 points and thing.

"Meh, that's not so bad"

I think in the last couple of weeks we've become so conditioned to watching the market plummet into the nether regions of financial hell that a 300 point drop is, quite literally, nothing.

You'll put me up when I'm homeless, right?

I'm off to the Great White North this weekend. My father has thrown open the annual fishing trip with his buddies to the younger generation. Which means that, for the first time ever, someone under 30 will be attending this prestigous event. The only new additions being my godbrother and I.

I couldn't care that much for fishing. And while I've always had a great relationship with my dad there's a big difference between how you act with your friends and how you act around family. (I know that my poker nights aren't nessecarily suitable for prime time.) So I suspect that I'll be seeing a different side to my father this weekend.

Which is all good.

I volunteer to stay behind on the dock and read the paper. Because if I don't, the terrorists win.

No comments: