Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Declaration of Principles

Hey!

So what kind of blog is this going to be?

Every morning I scan through a prodigious amount of bloggery on a number of different subjects. For me blogs that are done well, and are interesting to read, are the ones that pick a specific subject and then adhere to that topic as closely as possible. I’ve been banging out a blog with varying degrees of success for a couple years now. But for the most part, it’s all been pretty random, stream of conscious stuff with some comic book laced overtones. That’s not the kind of blog I want to write anymore.

So what kind of blog is this going to be?

I could make this a blog about comics. But frankly, the world needs another blog about comic books like I need prune juice enema.

I could make this a blog solely about shit that is going on in my life. But that’s only good readings if you know me personally, have an unhealthy interest in listening to me bitch about how everything pisses me off or if I had an exceedingly interesting life. Frankly we’re just not that close.

Personal finance blog? Let me sum that up for you. I do all right, but I always wish I had some more scratch….and out dated slang.

Books, movies, music review blog? Who wouldn’t want to listen to another uninformed opinion? And trust me, my opinions are among the most uninformed out there.

In the end, I decided to ignore my observations. I’m not going pick a specific subject and adhere to it as closely as I can. I’m going to talk about any and every thing that I feel is worth talking about. That means I could write about anything from comic books, to my irrational fear of flying to my growing interest in environmentalism.

In the end, I’m looking for more than just a platform to scream about the stuff that bothers me. Sometimes I’m looking for a frank and open discussion about a weighty subjects, sometimes I just want to nerd out and talk about Transformers.

I promise to try and blog everyday. And let me tell you right now, I will horribly fail that goal before the week is out. But I still promise to try.

So what kind of blog is this going to be?

I don’t know really. It’ll be a blog about me I suppose. Hopefully something interesting and insightful, but only time will tell.

Blog on.

No comments: