Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sell crazy someplace else...

So this weekend I'm participating in the Relay for Life, which is a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society.

Those who know me, even just in passing, know that I abhor walking. I view it as a massive waste of time. The only thing I hate more than walking is running. If you're walking for excercise, there are more enjoyable methods of keeping fit. If you're walking because you like the scenery, well I can't help you there.

Which is a shame, because S is a huge fan of walks and she has to put up with my sulky ass self every time she manages to convince me to join her on one.

So it's a little out of character for me to participate in event that's made ENTIRELY OUT OF WALKING.

The relay for life is a twelve hour event, 7pm Friday night to 7am Saturday morning. You don't have to walk for the whole thing but since my sisters are going to try to tough it out, I'm going to attempt it as well. We're competitive like that.

That means this will officially be the only fundraiser that bases itself on this.

Anyway, its for a good cause, one that's close to my heart. Thanks in advance to S for helping with my fundraising and my apologies to all those who will have listen to my perpetual bitching, before, during and after the event.

No comments: