Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fitness

The new multi pronged fitness plan isn’t exactly proceeding as...planned.

As opposed to Ulti which is a fixed time, week in week out. My rock climbing and yoga schedule is much more flexible. In this case flexibility is more of a hindrance than a help. Flexibility means it can get bumped or re-scheduled because something else came up that needs to take priority. Just this one time though, I swear, we’ll get back on schedule next week.

Meanwhile I’m scarfing down rabbit food and fat free yogurt so my weight doesn’t balloon.

To recap. The rock climbing is awesome. It’s exactly what I wanted. A fun workout that doesn’t seem like a workout. I’ve only got an opportunity to do it once so far. But the plan is to make this a weekly event and I have every intent of following through with that. Next week. I swear.

Hot yoga is a more challenging experience and the jury is still out on that. My first pass saw me lose five pounds from sweat alone. It was a draining experience, but in the end I did feel very relaxed. I can’t say I enjoyed it though. That’s not going to stop me from trying it for about a month and then re-examining the matter. I didn’t like Ulti the first time either and now I can’t imagine my life without it.

Speaking of which. Less than a month before the Spring season begins. I can’t wait.

No comments: